I was able to attend a screening for Thor: The Dark World yesterday, I don’t want to give away any spoilers so I’ll be keeping this post short. I loved it, and I am seriously sitting here writing this as I wear a freaking Thor shirt. :rotfl:
Tom Hiddleston was once again fantastic as Loki, and (the 9th Doctor) Christopher Eccleston is in the movie! He was also great, I didn’t realize he was in the film until I saw the credits. :blush:
Check out Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World in theaters this weekend!
Winner has been contacted.
I watched the Conjuring twice over the summer, and really enjoyed it both times. It wasn’t just a great haunting movie, it was based off of the real case files of Ed and Lorraine Warren- they also investigated the Amityville home and the Annabelle doll. Really interesting stuff featured in this film.
Okay, enough about how much I liked The Conjuring and more about how you could win a copy on Blu-Ray that Warner Bros has so awesomely sponsored (including all of the images/assets used for this post) :heart:
Here’s how to enter:
1. Check out the interactive gifs below and tell me your favorite freaky fact in the comments section
2. Tweet: Hey @LilBigTrouble I want to win #TheConjuring!
Two ways to enter! If you enter both ways you’ll increase your chances of winning! You have till October 28th to enter, a winner will be chosen at random on the 29th. (Random: This means every comment tweet will be assigned a number, the number gets thrown into a hat, and BOOM that’s how you could end up being the winner of the AWESOME movie)
The Conjuring 5 Things to know… INTERACTIVE GIFS!
1) The Conjuring is directed by the acclaimed James Wan, the Australian-born director of the fright-fests Insidious and the Saw series. His Twitter handle is @CreepyPuppet. Say no more.
2) The Conjuring has been given an “R” rating by the MPAA. Not because of blood, gore, or violence, but simply because it’s just so scary from start to finish!
3) The Conjuring’s cast and crew experienced creepy events during filming. Scratches appeared out of nowhere on Vera Farmiga’s computer soon after she agreed to act in the movie, the crew were routinely woken by something in the “witching hour” between 3 and 4AM, and the real-life Carolyn Perron fell and broke her hip while visiting the set.
4) The Rhode Island farmhouse where The Conjuring is set once belonged to an accused witch, Bathsheba, who tried to sacrifice her children to the devil and killed herself in 1863.
5) Hold your applause! The Conjuring will make you terrified to clap! Whether it’s playing a traditional game of hide-and-seek by following the clapping sounds like the mother and daughter in the movie, or being terrorized by ghostly claps in different rooms of the haunted farmhouse, these claps throughout the movie will give you the creeps!
Each household is only eligible to win 1 The Conjuring Blu-ray via blog reviews and giveaways. Only one entrant per mailing address per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification. Giveaway open to the U.S. & Canada.
Hey guys and gals!
I have an amazing sponsored giveaway to announce. One of my favorite films of this year, Pacific Rim, is heading to Blu-Ray soon and you can enter to win a free copy! A winning comment will be chosen at random on October 19th, so you have up until the 18th to enter.
Ways you can enter:
• Take the Pacific Rim SUPERFAN QUIZ and post your results in the comments section.
• Play with the Pacific Rim GIFs and post your favorite in your comments section.
• Check out the Pacific Rim SOUNDBOARD and post your favorite SFX from the movie in the comments section.
Enter all 3 ways to increase your odds at winning!
Note: Each household is only eligible to win 1 Pacific Rim Blu-Ray via blog reviews and giveaways. Only one entrant per mailing address per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification. No P.O. Boxes please.
Assets and prize provided by Warner Bros.
Chucky is back! The recently released Curse of Chucky marks his return to horror after taking a tour down a more comedic path for the last couple of movies.
Curse of Chucky is a fun Halloween movie, and a great throwback to 80′s horror flicks. While the look of Chucky has been slightly altered and made softer, he’s as sharp as ever. This more innocent look made for a an extra creepy vibe when he was on screen, and I really enjoyed a lot of how the film was shot.
Short story synopsis- A mother and daughter (who luckily for the viewers live in a really spooky and large house) receive a doll in the mail from an unknown sender. The doll is then given to a young child staying at the home and things start to get deadly…
In order to keep the suspense going, you have to expect that the inhabitants of the house aren’t that bright. It makes things more forgivable when you are wondering why anyone is still in that house. If you can expect and accept that line of thinking, Curse of Chucky is super fun and a great return for the Child’s Play series. While I enjoyed it, I’ve also seen most of the series, and because this is not a reboot newcomers may find some scenes confusing. Rated: Would watch again.
If you’re a fan of the series, then I extra recommend seeing it! There were touches through the film that only the original creator Don Mancini could provide, and the voice of Chucky is still voiced by Brad Dourif!